Jekko Battery Operated “Eco” Mini-Crane
Jekko strongly believes in the concept of battery-operated cranes with low environmental impact. For this reason, it supplies “ECO” electric mini-cranes powered by battery that operate in the same way as diesel or petrol cranes. We are the only mini-crane manufacturer that also supplies lithium-ion battery operated mini-cranes with excellent cost performance and usability.
Battery operated mini-cranes are ideal for working in enclosed spaces without polluting.
The advantages of lithium batteries compared to standard batteries are:
- Longer “useful life” of the battery (up to 8-10 times longer)
- Faster charging times once discharged (up to three times faster)
- Lithium batteries allow working at maximum power for their entire life (alkaline batteries lose power as the charge decreases)
- Lower maintenance costs
- When using the crane, lithium batteries last up to three times longer than lead-acid batteries
Available with 24V-3F, 4.0 kW lead-acid light traction batteries. The machine can be charged while the crane is working by means of an on-board battery charger (available in 110V or 220V). Advantages:
- Economic and traditional solution
- Batteries are easy to interchange and are available worldwide
- Easy to charge with universal battery charger
Advantages of using battery operated mini-cranes
Graphic comparison Standard battery vs Lithium battery:
How long do standard batteries last in the machines? When should they be charged?
Battery life depends on the working cycles. When the SPX312C+ and SPX424C+ are stabilised, they can be connected to the power supply and can start operating in the usual manner. The battery charger is designed to charge the batteries while the crane operates and ensures a full 8-hour working day. Do not let a battery discharge completely before recharging it again, in order to prevent loss of battery capacity. If the mini-crane works continuously with the battery charger disconnected, the estimated duration is 2-3 hours. Charging times vary from 10 to 15 hours (the crane usually starts charging itself overnight so that the machine is ready to operate the next morning). For LITHIUM versions, the life and performance are about 2/3 times higher, while the charging times are up to 2/3 times lower.